Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Small Chest with Drawers

Decorated Chest of Drawers

I have finaly finished decorating this chest of drawers and now I'm really kicking myself for not taking some before and during photographs.



The chest came from ikea and was plain wood and a little rough in areas so I sanded it down, lightly.

The next thing was to colour the wood. I used a pool party ink refill and applied it with a paint pad (the ones used for decorating), I just put a few drops of ink on the pad and rubbed it over the wood, for the curved areas where the pad wouldn't fit i found a dry baby wipe worked well. Concentrating on the areas that would be visible.

To decorate the drawers I used the everyday enchantment designer paper that I got during sale-a-braition period. These papers have now been released for sale, while stocks last.

 I inked the edges of the paper with crumb cake ink and made some faux stitches round the edges, also in crumb cake. I used a pva glue to stick the papers down and gave the whole thing a good coat of pva glue, using a paint brush, to seal it.



I'm very pleased with the results but I think maybe I should have done some stamping on the papers too.

Supplies used:
- Pool party ink refill, Idea Book and Catalogue p90, £2.75.
-Everyday enchamntment, designer series paper, (limited time only) £9.95.
- Crumb cake ink pad, Idea Book and Catalogue p94, £4.95.
- Crumb cake stampin' marker, Idea Book and Catalogue p94, £2.75.

Non-Stampin' Up Supplies
-Moppe chest of drawers, ikea.
- Paint pad, diy store.
- Paint brush, diy store.

To purchase and of the supplies used, please contact me on marianardone.mn@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love getting feedback.